Track 1 - EngiNe
Pre - Course Requirements
BIPNets, or the Basics of IP Networks, the CEENet on line preparation course
The online course is intended for participants, who are likely candidates for The Engineering the Network track, at The CEENet Workshop on Network Technology.
BIPNets is an online pre-course (or distance education and learning in action), to be held as both an instrument of learning and selection for the communication infrastructure track, which is an integral part of the CEENet annual workshops.
The course should be of interest to those that want to learn about designing and building networks based on the IP paradigm. Upon the completion of the course, the participants should be able
* to choose the right technology
* to design and build, as well as manage campus and wide area IP networks
The above concepts also define the working environment used in BIPNets.
Individuals from an academic, research and/or education community who are expected to be actively involved in the construction and/or the management of the technology layers of IP networks.
The necessary requirements for course attendance:
* Degree in secondary education and at least three years of experience in networking (this certainly includes, but is not limited to basic computer and Internet literacy)
* Since English is the language of CEENet and networking, the candidate must be able to:
* understand written technical material in English
* speak, which means the ability to participate and contribute to the online course in English
Participants should be prepared to devote up to 10 working hours per week for the course work, and access the Internet, at least twice a week, using a Web browser.
More information about the course is available at http://edu.c3.hu:8900/public/BIPNets/index.html