I. Requirements for Track 1 Pre- course
BIPNets, or the Basics of IP Networks,
(the CEENet on line preparation course for Track 1)
The online course is intended for participants, who are likely candidates for The Engineering the Network track (Track 1), at The CEENet Workshop on Network Technology.
BIPNets is an online pre-course (or distance education and learning in action), to be held as both an instrument of learning and selection for the communication infrastructure track, which is an integral part of the CEENet annual workshops.
The course should be of interest to those that want to learn about designing and building networks based on the IP paradigm. Upon the completion of the (distance learning and face-to-face) course, the participants should be able:
- to choose the right technology - to design and build, as well as manage campus and wide area IP networks
The above concepts also define the working environment used in BIPNets.
Individuals from an academic, research and/or education community who are expected to be actively involved in the construction and/or the management of the technology layers of IP networks.
The necessary requirements for course attendance:
- Degree in secondary education and at least three years of experience in networking (this certainly includes, but is not limited to basic computer and Internet literacy)
- Since English is the language of CEENet and networking, spoken and written fair proficiency in English is assumed, in particular participants should understand written technical material in English.
Participants should be prepared to devote up to 10 working hours per week for the course work, and access the Internet, at least twice a week, using a Web browser.
More information about the course is available at the following locations: http://www.ceenet.org by following links, or directly at http://edu.c3.hu:8900/public/BIPNets/index.html
II. Requirements for Track 2 Pre- course
Requirements for T2 candidates are:
* Basic English
* Advanced Internet user level
* Good knowledge (user level) of Unix (any unix) & MS Windows
* Availability during the pre-course 15.04. - 15.06. (being able to connect to Internet and participate on-line in the pre-course)
* candidates must have a possibility to test and run some basic network services (like ftp server) - at least they must have Unix shell account
III. Requirements for Track 3 Pre-course
WirEd, the CEENet online preparation course
Information for participants who are candidates for educational track (Track 3) of the CEENet workshops
WirEd is the online pre-course for the educational track of the CEENet annual workshops. It is a course for those interested in distance education and on-line learning. After the course and workshop participants will be able to create online courses within their fields of expertise using a web based learning environment. The environment used in WirEd is Web Course Tool, WebCT.
In combination with the workshop, WirEd is also used as a selection mechanism for participants to the workshop.
Participants' skills required for being able to follow the course:
- Basic computer and Internet literacy
- Understanding of written technical English
- Ability to participate in and contribute to online course discussions in English
- Ability to understand spoken English.
Other requirements: Participants should be prepared to devote up to 10 working hours per week for course work and to be prepared to access the Internet at least twice a week using a web browser.
More information about the course can be found at http://edu.c3.hu:8900/public/WirEd/index.html