CEENET programme in GEANT project (a task done together with TERENA, within Digital Inclusion (Task NA4/T4), Campus Best Practices (Task NA3/T2) includes organisation of three workshops devoted to raising staff competences at NRENs and their Members in Eastern Europe. The trainings and workshops are open to all GÉANT participants and specially targeted at Eastern European countries. Thanks to dedicated GEANT funding and external support, we are able to offer sponsored invitation to ENPI countries representatives.
At the time of publishing, the following workshops were executed::
- Summer workshop in Sofia, Bulgaria, June 16-20, 2014 (key topics: security, wireless, federated GEANT services)
The following workshops are under preparation:
- Autumn workshop in Chisinau, Moldova, 2nd week of September 2014 (key topics: broadband, E@P.connect, GEANT4, federated services
- Winter workshop (planned in southern Europe/Caucasus at the end of the year, with topics to be defined upon request of participants)
Autumn workshop will be co-located with joint RENAM/RoEduNet users conference organised in Chisinau, Moldova from 12th to 14th September 2014. Current plans assume the 3-days workshop, starting 9th of September 2013.
Traditionally the workshop will offer minimum guaranteed number of sponsored invitations to EaP NRENs
Planned topics of the workshop include the following:
- broadband network technologies: fibre optics, (D)WDM transmission, advanced BGP, network planning and operations
- GEANT federated services
- E@P.connect roundtable
- GEANT4 planning update and roundtable
Any other ideas for workshop topics shall be sent to “email@example.com“.
More detailed information on the workshop shall be available in mid-July